Page 4 of 8
Mental Health Committee
Goals of the Mental Health Committee:
- To facilitate stronger partnerships between Nurse-managed Centers that focus on mental health initiatives.
- To support research to improve mental health outcomes.
- Focus on 'best practice' within the centers and continue to support increased mental health education, treatment and wellness within more nurse-managed centers.
- Guide and facilitate the efforts of the Consortium to identify and address mental health/wellness issues that affect nurse-managed health centers’ ability to carry out their work
- Explore opportunities for abstract submission highlighting innovative strategies to improve mental health outcomes at professional nursing and interprofessional conferences
The mission of the Mental Health Committee is to facilitate stronger partnerships between Nurse-managed Centers that focus on mental health initiatives. We seek to strengthen individual and community based practices, support policy activities relating to insurance reimbursement and support research to improve mental health outcomes.
There is a belief in the importance of integration of services across the lifespan that improve mental health development trajectories; therefore a systems transformation is needed. We seek to exam 'system road maps' to show who are the populations in need, where they enter the system, who becomes responsible for their care or parts of their care, and how they move through the system, where future funding might come from and where clients can best receive services. To that end, we look to stay focused on 'best practice' within the centers and continue to support increased mental health education, treatment and wellness within more nurse-managed centers. We look at access to services and mental health provider concerns.
Mental Health Committee Co-Chairs:
Roberta Waite, EdD, PMHCNS-BC, FAAN, ANEF
Associate Professor & Assistant Dean of Academic Integration and Evaluation of Community Programs
Doctoral Nursing Department
Three Parkway, 707, MS 1044, 1601-16645 Cherry Street
Philadelphia., PA. 19102
Tel. 267-359-5582 (Three Parkway)
Carla J. Groh, PhD, PMHNP-BC, FAAN
Professor, College of Health Professions & Project Director, McAuley Health Center Women's and Gender Studies, University of Detroit Mercy
4001 W. McNichols
Detroit, MI 48221
Membership to the MHC is open to all NNCC affiliates and those committed to enhance the efforts of the MHC.
- Reimbursement of Mental Health Services in Primary Care Settings
- Health Care Guideline: Major Depression in Adults in Primary Care
- Measurement of Health Status for People with Serious Mental Illnesses